With Andy Jones as my witness, I got hole 6 (A position) at Cooper Gulch. It was the most peaceful ace you'll ever see. The high arcing forehand drive up the trail missed all the trees and swooped directly, yet gently, into the chains. There was no yelling or jumping up and down. I simply said, "That'll do." There was a congratulatory hand shake and some smiles.
And so continues the "Summer of Aces". Who's next?
1 comment:
Nice work!! Way to keep up the Smith family honor.
Your response to your ace, "that'll do" reminds me of my own modesty. The local mini-mart in town is throwing a Community Appreciation party tonight. This past week, with every store purchase locals earned a raffle ticket entry. Each time I dropped my name in the box, I'd exclaim to the clerk "I am going to win something! And you know, I don't even care about the prizes, I just want everyone in town to KNOW that I'm a winner."
Last night as I sat at home recounting that story to Lisa and reassuring her that I'd come home with a persian rug (the grand prize), I pondered out loud, "But you know, I wonder if the universe rewards this type of pre-win gloating?!?" And then I smiled with relief, because I think the universe heard me catch myself and I'm pretty sure that deserves some sort of reward or prize...
Post a Comment